Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Garland

I meant to post this last week, but things got crazy at work and I slept during most of my free time.  But better late than never, right?  A couple of weeks ago, I made some garland for our fireplace.  It was very simple and cost about $1.50.  First, I debated about what I wanted my garland to say.  I mulled over some different ideas such as "merry & bright", "o holy night", "merry christmas", etc, but I eventually settled on "o night divine".  I made a template out of card stock and then used it to cut 12 pennants (one for each letter) out of some burlap that I had on hand.


I left two tabs at the top of the pennants to use for securing them to the twine.  I then typed out my message in word and printed out the letters.  I cut them out, traced them onto different colored felt, and cut them out of the felt.  (There may be an easier way to do this.)



I used hot glue to first glue the felt letter onto the burlap pennants and then to glue the pennants onto the twine.  




I found the printable to the left of the fireplace here and had it printed at Office Max. Again, you'll have to excuse the nasty cream trim that we haven't been able to do anything about quite yet.  


Yes, of course the animals have stockings.  And they happen to spell "car".  Or "arc" or "rac" I suppose.



Even Armando, a gift from my late grandmother, got spiffed up for the season.  I hope everyone had an amazing day.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. love the banner- it looks great! and your fireplace is so cute with the Christmas decor, simple but elegant. I will have to keep that printable in mind- I have seen these for Christmas and other occasions too, they are really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...