Friday, March 15, 2013

Light Up, Light Up

Snow Patrol anyone?  I'm here to share a couple of lighting changes that have recently taken place at our house.  You may remember that we found an $8 chandelier at a local antique store and hung it in the living room.  That left the old living room chandelier homeless.  But not for long.  I knew it would look great in our guest bedroom.  First, I took her outside and gave her a coat of glossy white spray paint.  The matte just wasn't doing it for me.  And it's amazing how much of a difference it made.  Now when she is on, the light bounces off of her shiny spray painted body like a million diamonds.  Ok...that's a hyperbole, but you know what I'm sayin'.  A little gloss goes a long way.



Let me remind you what we were working with before.



Much better, I'd say.

We also purchased and installed some new outdoor sconces for our back entryway.


These babies are only $25 at Lowe's.  Not bad.  Seth is an expert at changing out lighting by now so these were up in no time.  



Much better than the rusted, ornate sconces that we inherited with the house.



Do you think these would sell at a yard sale?  Seth says no way.  I say why not try.  I'm often surprised by what people will purchase.  They still work.  And maybe someone wants that rustic "charm" at their own house.  Guess this debate will be settled when we have our yard sale.  I'm waiting for warm weather.  




Ahhh...much more our style.  I'm loving the industrial farmhouse look they convey.  Such a simple (and inexpensive) update that makes such a big impact!

Only a few more lights left to replace around here.  I'm considering this beauty for our kitchen overhead light.  We currently have this light over the eat-in area and this pendant over the sink.  What do you think?  I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...