Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New Living Room Pillows



As I revealed in my last post, we have some new living room pillows.


I thought I was in love with our colorful, scalloped pillow, but it turns out I got tired of it.  


Choosing new pillows for our living room was a chore.  I spent hours and hours searching Etsy until I found exactly what I wanted.  I narrowed it down to two "pillow schemes".  And then I spent weeks trying to decide between them.  I may have a slightly analytical, type A personality.  :)

Living Room Pillow Scheme A
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

*Note: Pillow #3 is no longer available.  Pillow #5 I actually purchased as a custom listing from California Livin Home (it was less expensive than the one from SparkModern).

Living Room Pillow Scheme B
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

I ultimately decided to go with the first pillow scheme.  Although I was really drawn to the Hot House floral fabric on pillow #4 in the second scheme, I was too scared to commit to it.  I was concerned about adding an Asian influenced fabric (since NOTHING else in our house is remotely Asian inspired) and I was also concerned that I wouldn't like it in 6 months.  For my style, the chevron ikat pillow was definitely the safer bet.






I'm super happy with my decision.  The pillow scheme seems more cohesive and refined now. And I am in love with the texture of the blue and ivory pillow.

Does anyone else out there agonize over design decisions for weeks before committing?  Or do you just know it when you see it?  I'm almost always an agonizer which is probably not terribly healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...