Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Inspiration: Mantels

This is the second post in my "Christmas Inspiration" series.  You can find the first one here.  I am so excited about decorating our floating fireplace mantel for Christmas.  Here are some mantels that are inspiring me.


This twinkling canvas is simple and right on trend with the chalkboard craze.  It doesn't hurt that the quote is from my favorite Christmas song.


Again, I'm drawn to the simplicity of this mantel.  The green, white, and mixed metal color scheme is divine.


The giant star is inspiring me to make a new topper for our tree.  I also like the playful woodland feel that the deer and mini Christmas tree add to this mantel.


Another toned down color scheme with a rustic feel results in a cozy, calming fireplace.  And how cute is that deer perched on top of the E?


Ahhh.  Marquee letters.  What's not to love?  Something similar will be making an appearance on my Christmas mantel for sure.

What I'm drawn to this year for our mantel:

  • a mostly neutral color scheme
  • a simple, uncluttered design
  • a cozy, organic feel with a bit of rustic glam thrown in

Rainy weather this weekend delayed our shutter project.  Instead I spent my time working on the mantel, creating a wreath for our back door, and starting on our Christmas tree (yes…we put the tree up yesterday - I LOVE Christmas, remember?).  I'm having a small issue with the wreath, but I should have the finished mantel post ready for you later this week!

1 comment:

  1. O Holy Night is my favorite too! Can't wait to see your holiday mantle!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...