Saturday, November 23, 2013

Our Bright and Cozy, Mixed Metal Christmas Mantel

Our Christmas mantel for this year is complete and I couldn't be happier.  It brings me joy every time I look at it. After a little trial and error, everything started falling into place.  Without further ado…


I took my inspiration from some of the mantels in this post.


I started by layering this wreath over our DIY antique mirror.  The candelabra wall sconces were a yard sale find from months ago.  They were originally brass and I almost left them alone.  However, they weren't the prettiest brass color and they had some areas of tarnish, so I ended up spray painting them silver.  I found the sparkly pewter colored candles at Marshalls.



The small sweater stockings are from Target (only $4 each!).  There is one for each of our fur children. The two silver striped stockings are from Lowe's.  I used clear command hooks to hang the stockings as I didn't want any stocking hangers competing with the rest of the mantel decor.


The marquee letters are a DIY project.  I essentially followed this tutorial.  The letters are cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted gold after removing the front piece of cardboard and punching out the holes for the lights.  



The lights are these battery operated globe lights from Lowe's.


I made the tree out of scrap wood, a dowel, and pieces of garland.


I used wire to secure the garland pieces to the dowel and then wrapped the base of the tree with some gold polka dot burlap from JoAnn's.  I tied it in place with the same gold ribbon that I used to hang the wreath.


The faux sheepskin throw is from Marshall's.  I just love the coziness it brings to the mantel.




Our mantel exudes exactly what I want it to for Christmas - feelings of brightness, coziness, and warmth.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So pretty and creative. You have the gift of decorating and an eye for it. Always love looking at your house updates.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...