Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Inspiration: The Tree

I'm back with another Christmas Inspiration post.  You can find the first two here and here.

Possibly the most important part of Christmas decor is the Christmas tree.  I love how everyone starts with the same "base" but ends up with vastly different end products.  I tend to stick to more traditional tree decor and shy away from themed trees.  Here are some trees that I can't stop staring at this year.


Kristin from The Hunted Interior used different metallic ornaments and disco balls to make her tree shine.



I'm also loving John and Sherry's paint chip tree from last year.  Such a great idea for homes with toddlers and/or destructive animals - nothing breakable!  Also, I have a TON of paint chips.


I'm loving the "Merry Christmas" garland and the monochromatic color scheme on this tree.  And could that owl be any cuter?



Isn't Emily's nature inspired tree with real, live succulents unique?  I would never have thought to add live plants to my Christmas tree.


The garland on Melissa's tree is amazing.  I have a thing for pom pom garland.  And again, I like the neutral color scheme.

Our tree is up and partially decorated, but I need more ornaments.  I'm trying to figure out how I can DIY some.  We also need a new tree topper.  It should be ready in a couple of weeks.  

In the meantime, I have finished (and fixed) the wreath for our back door so stay tuned for that post.  Hope everyone has an amazing week!

1 comment:

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...