Monday, February 24, 2014

Guest Bathroom Reveal: Making the most of 1960s tile

We're done with the guest bathroom!  You might remember from my original inspiration post that my goal was to finish by the end of February.  We haven't yet researched into or made final decisions about reglazing the pink tub, but we are going to let that go for right now…a project for another day.

Let's revisit my goals for the space:
(We've accomplished all except the last one.)

Let's also revisit what the bathroom looked like two months ago.


It was virtually untouched.  And this is what it looks like today:


It feels like a brand new bathroom to me.


I find myself checking it out every time I walk down the hallway now.  I was a bit skeptical at first about how much we could really update this bathroom without replacing the tile.  But when a full reno isn't in the budget, you don't really have a choice.


I must say that I am very pleased with the results.  


We installed a small shelf over the toilet which holds a jar of bath salts, extra q-tips and cotton balls for guests, a vase from Target, and a small frame with some familiar art inside.


Do you recognize it?  It's a piece of the wallpaper that used to grace the walls in here.  Just a little reminder of how far this room has come.  I also made the geometric artwork hanging above the shelf.


Here is a close up of the small gallery wall I created.  I made most of the artwork (tutorial post to come).


I also made some artwork for over the hand towel.


New accessories help update the space and tie everything together.



I'll be back soon with sources and artwork tutorials.


1 comment:

  1. The bathroom looks great, love the aqua/blue color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...