Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wood Shim Starburst Wreath

Since the wreath I made for Spring has a bunny on it, I decided to make a new one for Summer (bunnies scream Spring and Easter only, right?).  Here is how it turned out.

I made it by hot gluing wood shims onto a foam wreath form in a starburst pattern.

I wrapped the wreath form in burlap first to help any exposed areas blend in.  I used a glass bowl in the center to guide the placement of my shims.  For my first layer, I left the shims as is. For the second layer, I used scissors to chop about 2" off the end of the shims before gluing them onto the wreath.


I picked up a cardboard "K" from Hobby Lobby and spray painted it navy blue.  (For those of you who don't know me personally and may be confused, my husband's last name begins with a K.)


Lastly, I made a simple fabric bunting using a few fun summery fabrics.  



It turned out a bit oversized for the door, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.  I've moved on to other projects.  :)


Other than its generous size, I love the way it turned out.  It definitely adds some pizazz to our door for Summer.






Are any of you tackling Summer craft projects?

1 comment:

  1. Because it wasn't posted can you tell me the size of the wreath form, and how many packs of shims it took? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...