Thursday, April 30, 2015

Redecorating Plans for the Guest Bedroom

The nursery is thisclose to being finished.  The main holdup is my glider.  It likely won't be delivered until the end of May (don't even get me started).  So you may not see much more of the nursery until it arrives and I can photograph the space for the reveal.

Until then, I'm shifting my focus and what little energy I have to the guest bedroom.  


It's current condition is not bad.  It's certainly functional.  I'm just ready to change it up.  I've grown tired of all the yellow.  And it's leaning a bit too country cottage-y for me.


This is where things are headed.

Guest Bedroom Redesign


[Remaining items:  The dresser is a stand in for a mid-century Bassett dresser that we have.  The sconces are from Crate and Barrel years ago.  The navy pillow is an old West Elm purchase as is the square pin tuck duvet.  The desk is a stand in for a DIY.  The wooden mirror is a stand in for one that I found on Craigslist.  The goodnight wire art is a stand in for a possible DIY.]


My goal is to create a relaxing, inviting space that is suitable for more long-term guests.  The dresser and desk will hopefully help with the latter.  I'm not 100% sure about bedding or the rug yet.  Also, I am on the fence about painting the mirror.  It depends on where I end up hanging it.  If I decide to hang it above the dresser, I feel like it would be a lot of wood in one corner of the room.  If it goes somewhere else, I'd be more inclined to leave it as is.  I don't really want to paint it.  We'll see.  

Most of the pieces we already own (including all but one piece of the artwork) so pulling this together shouldn't take too long.  I hope to have a reveal for you in the next 2-3 weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...