Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New Sconces for the Front Porch

Our old porch sconces were a bit too traditional and oversized for our taste (but they caught somebody's eye as they were snatched up the night we set them out at the curb).  

I ordered our new sconces back in December but they arrived with two broken pieces of glass.  Apparently, I snagged some of the last ones because when I called to exchange them, the sconces were backordered for months.  The customer service rep offered to send replacement glass pieces instead.  I told her that was fine.  Turns out those were backordered as well, but were due to come in before the sconces.

Well...four months later and we FINALLY received the glass pieces (which were thankfully well packaged and intact).  Seth replaced the broken panes and wired the new sconces.  

I love them.  They are a much better fit with our other outdoor updates and they give off more light than the old ones.


The glass panes are seeded glass, which I really like.



We potted some coleus and I'm calling our Spring/Summer porch done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry if this comment is a duplicate. Your new lights looks fantastic!! I have a question about your door handle, we are looking at the same one from lowes. Can you tell me the finish? I can't tell if it's brushed brass or not. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...